Just a few thoughts as I am beginning my journey in calligraphy.
1) It’s a really broad term that basically means fancy handwriting.
2) I don’t think I’m interested in learning traditional calligraphy. I think I just want to be better at hand lettering things.
3) It’s really frustrating to learn how to write all over again.
4) Doing a simple google search for ‘learn calligraphy’ opens up just a wealth of super ugly websites.
5) I’m definitely going to get ink on something valuable, like my couch.
6) I’m already daydreaming about doing something in white ink. I have a problem.